Technical Support AnalystApply Now
This position is responsible for resolving, evaluating, and prioritizing incoming telephone, voice mail and e-mail requests for assistance from customers experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other phone system related technologies by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains helpdesk standards and SLAs regarding productivity and quality which includes time to first reply of email, first call resolution, incident accuracy, and percentage of calls presented/taken.
- Enters accurate customer information, problem descriptions, and calls details into Salesforce ticketing system.
- Resolves level 1/2 tickets and acts as the primary point subject matter expert for phone system issues as it related to the Shoretel, Mitel, and Genesys phone system, in addition to any other UcaaS/CCaaS or related technologies, windows servers, desktop computer software (Shoretel based), headsets, and telephone company related issues.
General Responsibilities & Expectations
- Engages level 2/3 teams, as needed.
- Able to be on-call and work in a 24/7 operation and work weekends and holidays on a rotating schedule with other employees (1 out of every 8-12 weeks).
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from leads and managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Inspire within your team and personally live our Core Values and company purpose at all times:
- Create Exceptional Experiences with Every Interaction
- Exemplify Integrity, Accountability & Appreciation
- Improve Lives of Employees & Customers
- Teamwork Leads to Greatness
- Evolve & Innovate
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employees or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educations and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. An associate degree is preferred. Call center, customer service and/or help desk experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Has advanced basic computer job skills including logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information, create presentations, download forms, and preserve/backup important data.
Must have extensive knowledge of Windows computer hardware and software, knowledge of Microsoft Office products, and Windows Server environment. Subject matter in the Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 & 2019 and networking preferred.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This position does not require any certificates, licenses, or registrations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.